Oopsie... I'm a tiny bit late here with my low down on what's in the February Play! by Sephora box. Sorry guys, I blame new mom motivation syndrome. Sometimes, when I finally get 5 minutes, I just want to veg: read a book, mindlessly flip through Instagram, go on a Pinterest binge... you know what I mean? And then there was the whole website outage thing. I tweaked one little thing on my website host and caused myself a week of stress with a website I couldn't get running again. Argh... ANYWAY.. I'm back! Hooray!
I found this month's Play! box a little underwhelming, but the redeeming factor are the quality of the samples and relevancy. All brands are pricier, high-end brands, and all items are talked-about or newer items. Let's dig in...
- Too Faced Lip Injection Glossy in Milkshake - Full size retails at $22, but this deluxe sample will last you quite some time. Aimed at softening, plumping and tinting lips, you're bound to find a shade you like with 6 different shades to choose from.
- NARS Velvet Lip Glide in Bound - Full size retails for $26. A semi-matte gloss in a pinky rose shade. It's formula is somewhere between a lipstick and a gloss. Provides hydration with a burst of color.
- Marc Jacobs Decadence perfume - Notes of champagne, orange blossom, bergamot and vanilla (among others) make up this sensual fragrance. It'll cost you, with a 1 oz bottle retailing for $72.
- Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream - Kind of a cult classic, this eye cream energizes tired eyes. It helps with dullness, puffiness and dark circles. You'll get a lot of use out of this mini sample, but a full size will cost you $30.
- Sephora LashCraft Length & Volume Mascara - A double sided brush with a flat paddle wand. Jet black color, and volumizing formula. The price is reasonable, ringing in at $12.
- Clinique Pep-Start HydroBlur Moisturizer - This Pep-Start line is fairly new to Clinique, and is targeted to a younger audience looking for more affordable prices (in my marketer eyes, at least). Good for oily and combination skin, this lightweight moisturizer hydrates while leaving the skin matte and blurring imperfections. A full-size will cost you $29.50.