Alas, the end of the month = empties time. A perfect chance to reflect on how good a product was or was not after finishing it all up. Here's what I went through in December.
Oh and p.s. - stick around for a special surprise at the end!
- The Seaweed Bath Co. Volumizing Argan Conditioner in Lavender (would repurchase) - I'm still plugging away at the shampoo (conditioner ALWAYS runs out first for me), and I have to say I really enjoyed using this. It left my hair smelling refreshingly lavender-y and feeling very soft.
- Kiss My Face Shower Gel in Peaceful Patchouli (would repurchase) - This lasted me ages. It smelled nice, but I have to admit I got a bit sick of it towards the end of the bottle. I'll probably still come back to it someday though, as I do love the scent of patchouli.
- Batiste Dry Shampoo in Floral Essences (would repurchase) - Batiste is my favorite dry shampoo. It just does the trick for me - it keeps my hair looking fresh and clean and oil-free. This scent was lovely and definitely ranks right up there with my favorite Wild scent from Batiste.
- Secret Invisible Solid Antiperspirant in Eucalyptus Blossom (would not repurchase) - I hated this. I don't use antiperspirants anymore, but I do like to keep them around for particularly hot days or whenever the need arises. However, this stuff lingered. I could feel it warding off water when I showered and the scent stuck around. Not to mention, it didn't even smell like eucalyptus (which I love). Whatever the scent was, it was sickening.
- The Face Shop Calendula Essential Moisture Essence (would not repurchase) - As you can see, I didn't even finish this up. I really liked the feel of it, but every time I used it, I think it broke me out. I don't want to use anything that's going to make my face angry, so out it goes.
- Elite Therapeutics Elite Creme (would repurchase) - This reminded me a lot of the Aveda Hand Relief lotion. It smelled lemony and was just thick enough to really deeply moisturize. I liked it.
- Clarisonic Radiance Brush Heads (would repurchase) - These are fine. Do I notice my skin looking more radiant? Not really. But they do the job. Be mindful, these are quite abrasive. If you have sensitive skin, this brush head probably isn't for you.
- Up & Up Latex Free Foam Sponges (would repurchase) - These used to be my go-to foundation applicators, however lately I've been using my beauty blender far more and really liking that. I'll probably go back to these at some point, but right now they've gotten sidelined.
- Swisspers Cotton Rounds (would repurchase) - I have a mega-pack of these from Costco. As you can see, I fly through these... especially depending on the type of makeup remover I'm using. I like them. They're nice, and getting them in bulk packaging is far more cost effective for me.
- Covergirl Flamed Out Mascara (would not repurchase) - This was just OK. It had a tendency to get a little clumpy for me. There are other drugstore mascaras I prefer over this one so I probably won't repurchase it again.
- Nourish Organic Avocado Eye Cream (would repurchase) - This was a nice eye cream. It was light weight and nourishing. I like that it's made with quality ingredients.
- Elizabeth & James Nirvana Black perfume (would repurchase) - I already have a full size of this perfume and I love it. It's musky and woodsy with hints of patchouli. Definitely a sultry night time scent, but will smell good even if you spritz it on before a day at the office.
- Buxom Lash mascara (would not repurchase) - This was OK, nothing special. It's definitely not something I'd splurge on. It will separate your lashes, but it requires two or three coats to get the volume effect I like.
- Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous Foundation (would repurchase) - Duh, it's my absolute favorite foundation. I'll buy it until they stop making it because it's full coverage and makes my skin look flawless while lasting all day long. I've done a full review of it here.
- Montagne Jeunesse Manuka Honey Peel Off Mask (would not repurchase) - This mask smelled really good, but it just didn't do much for me. It also stung when I was peeling it off my face. I prefer masks that provide more benefits for my face, whether it be anti-aging or anti-blemish, I just want a little more from a mask.
- Hask Keratin Protein Smoothing Deep Conditioner (would repurchase) - I did a full review on this here.
- Eco-Beauty Good Day. Day Moisturizer (would repurchase) - This was a very gentle, light daily moisturizer. I liked using it and it didn't break me out.
- Bobbi Brown Black Ink Long Wear Gel Eyeliner (would repurchase) - I got a little sample of this eyeliner and got a few uses before it dried up on me. This was an awesome gel liner. It was very matte black and definitely stayed put.
- Peter Thomas Roth Wrinkle Preventer (would repurchase) - I have no idea if this did anything for my skin with just a small sample to use, but it was nice to try.
- Britney Spears Curious Perfume (would repurchase) - This is a perfume I really enjoy. I know many people think that celebrity perfumes are hokey and tacky, but Curious is actually a pleasant, unique scent. It's not for everyone, but I like it.
- B&BW PocketBac in Graham Cracker Marshmallow (would repurchase) - I used to use these religiously before applying makeup, but I know it's not good to use antibacterial gel too much, so I've eased up. I liked this scent, it was fun.
- Burt's Bees Honey & Grapeseed Hand Cream (would not repurchase) - This lotion smells very strongly of honey. It has a rather odd consistency, too. It starts off easy to spread around your hands, and then turns almost tacky. I used it before bed because the scent was overbearing and it did a so-so job of moisturizing my hands.
- Tom's Wicked Cool Toothpaste (would not repurchase) - I got a sample of this on Vitacost, my favorite natural discount website, but I was not a fan. It doesn't leave my mouth feeling fresh enough. It just seems to disappear when brushing. Glad to try it in a sample before I bought it in a full size.
- Trader Joe's Peppermint Toothpaste (would not repurchase) - This stuff was disgusting. It tasted like baking soda with a hint of mint. It doesn't leave your mouth feeling fresh at all. We struggled through using this up and I was so glad when it was finally gone.
And finally..... the surprise you stuck around for! This past month I used up a bottle of MyKind Organics Prenatal Multis... so that can only mean one thing. Yes, I'm pregnant! It's a secret that's been tough to keep, and I'm so glad I can finally share! You can blame this kiddo for the lack of posts in November and December - there were some days I just didn't feel up to blogging after a long day at work. Baby is due in June and my husband and I are thrilled to be first time parents. I'm sure there will be more developments along the way, but for now - I'll leave it at that. :)
Have you tried any of these products? Any advice for a first time mom? Let me know!