I finally got off the waitlist for Play! by Sephora!!!! I'm so excited! Play! is Sephora's $10 monthly beauty subscription. You get deluxe-sized samples from premium brands, and typically something from Sephora's house brand, too - from what I've seen. It comes packaged in a super cute, durable box, and it has a nice magazine-style booklet to explain each product. Unlike Ipsy or Birchbox, everyone gets the same Play! box every month - it's not customizable to your preferences.
Interested in a new beauty subscription? Get your name on the Play! waitlist here.
Here's what came in the March box:
- Replica Beach Walk perfume sample: You'd never ever guess, but this is an uber-beachy scent. It smells like a day at the beach - sunscreen, coconut, surf and sand. If you like Bobbi Brown Beach or Bronze Goddess, you'll love this scent, too.
- Murad Invisible Perfecting Shield: This is a silky sunscreen with SPF 30 for protection from the elements. It also functions as a primer and moisturizer.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil: I got a sample of this in my February Ipsy, but have yet to try it. This oil claims to sink in quickly to add radiance and make skin appear smoother and camera-ready. I have to admit, I'm a little nervous to try this for fear of an uber-oily face!
- Fresh Soy Face Cleanser: This gentle cleanser is ideal for sensitive skin. I've used samples of this in the past and I really like it. It's expensive in a full size, so I'm excited to have another mini bottle.
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner: I was surprised to find that this liner had a way different brush than the ones I bashed in my overrated products post. This formula is mega-waterproof and very black. I'm excited to give this a go since it seems better than the others I've used in the past.
- Sephora The Perfectionist Airbrush Sponge: Here's Sephora's take on the BeautyBlender. The interesting shape is supposed to help get in to small facial curves for an even makeup application. I already tried this out and I can't say I'm a fan. It seems to soak up all my foundation without applying it to my face and the shape isn't very convenient. The BeautyBlender still holds the title as best beauty sponge in my book.
Overeall, I'm excited about this box. I can't wait to see what I receive in the upcoming months. Have you signed up? Let me know how you like it!