If you watch any beauty gurus on YouTube (who, for some reason, all love candles -- apparently beauty + candles go hand in hand), you may have heard of the brand Candles by Victoria. I first heard about this brand from Michele1218 who raved about all of her candles. There are even collabs on the Candles by Victoria site between TiffanyD and other YouTubers -- I am guessing they may have gotten free items to review or paid for their reviews - just a guess. All items were purchased by me with my own money - so you can expect a completely honest review.
ANYWAY - I picked up a couple things earlier this fall for my mom and I and wanted to share with all of you. There are ENDLESS amounts of scents on the CBV website, so for those of you ready to make a purchase, I hope this can take the guesswork out of your ordering! Here's what I picked up:
- Oh Holy Night: "Frankincense, cedar, sugar spruce, Christmas Tree and sweet cinnamon." This is a really nice, fresh wintry scent. You can definitely smell the cinnamon and frankincense with a hint of sweet. I'd recommend this cozy scent.
- Sage: "A blend of wild jasmine, white roses, french lavender and bergamot with a light hint of fresh pine needles." To me, this smells like powdery jasmine with a hint of laundry. It's a scent that will make your house smell clean. Not my favorite, but not bad.
- Pomegranate & Cider: "Juicy Pomegranates combined with the fullness of a sweet rich cider, amazing!" This smells like a cider infused starburst. It's very sweet but has a nice warmth thanks to the cider. It's unlike any wax melt I've used before, definitely a nice scent.
- Soothe: "A relaxing combination of Eucalyptus, Patchouli, Lemon and Basil." The scent description is spot on. I get a whiff of all the notes mentioned. It's a fresh, clean scent that wouldn't offend anyone.
- Marshmallow Peppermint: "This is a fun, flirty, fluffy fragrance that embraces lightheartedness and femininity all in one! A fabulous blend of fresh essential oil of peppermint and huckleberries, hints of violet and white floral, with creamy base notes of vanilla marshmallow." I can absolutely smell the peppermint and floral berries in this scent. It doesn't really have a hint of marshmallow to me, but it is slightly warm like vanilla. Not my favorite, but I think many people would love this scent.
- Let It Snow: "Eucalyptus and Cinnamon flourishes dance on a bed of crisp, chilled peppermint. If you are not caroling after smelling this there may be no hope for you." The scent description is spot on for this scent. I wouldn't imagine eucalpytus and cinnamon making such a great combo, but it's delightful! It smells like ribbon candy to me!
- Minty Twist: "For our Minty lovers, Spearmint, Peppermint with a touch of Vanilla." This smells mainly of spearmint to me. It smells a lot like spearmint chapstick. I enjoy minty scents in my home, and I imagine this will be nice.
- Charlie Brown Christmas: "Name that Scent winner. A wonderful holiday fragrance with top notes of Brazilian orange, bergamot, and bread with cinnamon, nutmeg, and lily of the valley on a base of vanilla and raspberry." I can distinctly smell the bread and cinnamon notes in this. I am sure all the other notes are there, but to me I just get that perfect spicy smell that's ideal for fall and winter. A really nice scent if you enjoy spicy home scents.
- Crackling Birch: "Outdoors on a winter day...Simply amazing if we may say so ourselves! Crackling Birch fragrance begins with top notes of bergamot, orange, and lemon; with middle notes of geranium, lily, and rose; and base notes of patchouli, vetiver, and tonka beans. This fragrance is one of the most well-rounded fragrances we have ever smelled." This smells like a fancy men's cologne. I can smell the vetiver and bergamot - overall, I really like this scent.
- Christmas By the Fire: "A subtle seasonal cinnamon spice -- a very unique combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, cedar wood, sage tempered with frankincense and myrrh for warmth and comfort, snuggle up with your favorite book and enjoy!" Cinnamon and sage are the two scents I smell the most. This is a unique Christmas scent, and I really like it.
- Country Bumpkin: "A wonderful complex blend of apples, candied yams, marshmallows, sweet cream butter, brown sugar, nutmeg, crushed cinnamon bark and fresh cloves. Bring the country home to you." Mmm... this is cinnamon and sugar goodness. If you're a fan of spicy fall scents, I guarantee you'll love this one.
- Why I Autumn: "An Autumn blend of lemon and apple; followed with middle notes of anise, cinnamon, and ginger; sitting on well-rounded base notes of woods, musk, and vanilla." I adore this scent - it's one of my most favorites. It smells like an autumnal lemon cupcake and it made my house smell so good. I would definitely get this scent again in a future order.
- Snowdrift Berries: "Uniquely different and absolutely incredible holiday scent that has become a year round favorite! Top notes of semi-sweet berries mixed with undertones of balsam pine." This smells like a piney starburst, and while that sounds disgusting, I can promise you this smells quite nice!
- Christmas in Who-Ville: "Pink Sugar and Sweet Snow." This reminds me of something you'd pick up at Bath & Body Works. It smells minty and perfumed all in one. It's nice, but not something I'd pick up again.
- White Chocolate Caramel Crunch: "White Chocolate, Caramel and Carmel Corn. Yum!!!" I think this was a freebie in my order, as I don't remember ordering it. It's not typically a scent I'd go for. It's a very sweet chocolate scent. I don't tend to like chocolate scents burning in my house, but if you do - you'll like this.
So there ya have it - I ordered quite a few scents! I've put a few of these to the test already and I'm happy to report they burn very nicely. Even in my open high-ceilinged house, the smells fill up the whole space. The wax is very creamy and soft, so my only gripe is that it's a big tougher than normal to get the dried wax out of my burners. (pro tip: freeze your burners and the wax should pop right out -- these take a little more coercing). Because the wax is so creamy and soft, it's easy to cut -- and I'd recommend cutting each of these wax melts in to four pieces so you get your money's worth!
Overall, I'm really glad I placed an order with Candles by Victoria. It certainly won't be my last. I'd recommend trying the company out if you are looking for some fun new scents to try!