If you read last month's Battle of the Subscription boxes, you'd know that I was seriously considering dropping Birchbox. For the last year or so, I've been only mildly impressed with what I receive for $10/month and after subscribing to Ipsy and receiving an awesome value for the same price, I thought it might be time to say goodbye to Birchbox. But this month, Birchbox majorly stepped up its game.... let's dive right in...
- BCBGMAXAZRIA Bon Genre perfume (full-size: $55-$75) I've tried a couple BCBGMAXAZRIA perfumes, and this is by far the best smelling one I've tried. This smells really warm and spicy, perfect for the colder months. If you've ever smelled Spicebomb (the male version of Flowerbomb) it reminds me a lot of that (which I absolutely LOVE). I know a lot of people don't like these little perfume samples, but I enjoy them.
- Serge Normant Meta Luxe Hair Spray (full-size: $25) This hair spray claims to tame frizz and shield from UV rays. Aside from this, I've only tried the Serge Normant dry shampoo which I didn't like at all. Hopefully this proves better than the dry shampoo.
- Eyeko Black Magic Mascara (full-size: $24) This water-resistant mascara curls, adds volume and has "major staying power" according to Birchbox. Eyeko has been a Birchbox brand for quite some time now, and I'm excited to try another of their products. This mascara has killer ratings on Sephora.com, so I'll happily try it out.
- Ruffian Nail Lacquer in Delirium (full-size: $24) Full-size product alert!! This polish is part of Ruffian's very first collection. Retailing at $24, I'm happy to get this because I sure as heck don't ever spend that much on a nail polish. Loving this gorgeous purple!
- Grand Central Beauty S.M.A.R.T. Skin Perfecting Polisher (full-size: $38) This skin serum is made with natural botanicals that exfoliate, tone, smooth and moisturize the skin. I'm intrigued by this as I've never used anything like it.
- NYX Eye Shadow in Sparkle White (full-size: $4.50) Full-size product alert!! Woop woop! Sparkle White is a really gorgeous creamy off-white with golden shimmer. This would make a great inner corner highlight on the eyes.
- Elizabeth Mott It's So Big Volumizing Mascara (full-size: $19.99) I've never heard of this brand or product before, but I'm always down to try a new mascara. This has an hourglass brush shape, and claims to lengthen and curl lashes without smudging.
- John Frieda Full Repair Full Body Shampoo & Conditioner (full-size: $6.49) This duo aims to weightlessly repair hair from frequent heat styling and coloring. I've never colored my hair and I rarely use heat on it, but my hair is awfully dry so I'm sure I could get some use out of these. These 1.5 oz. sizes will be perfect to keep around for traveling.
- Starlooks Kohl Eye Pencil in Obsidian (full-size: $12) Another full-size product! I've never heard of Starlooks before. Just from swatching, the formula feels relatively creamy which is nice. These products can be used solely as eyeliner, but they can also be used all over the lid as a base. I'll definitely get use out of this.
I really don't know if there's a clear winner this month! I like both subscriptions equally. If I HAD to choose a winner, I think it would have to be Ipsy because I received two full-size products, compared to just one in my Birchbox. I hope that Birchbox continues to have boxes as great as they did this month (probably a direct response to many complaining customers). Who do you think won?
If you want to sign up for Birchbox or Ipsy, just click the links! Each are just $10/month and it gives you a chance to try some higher end products before you shell out the money on the full-size item.
** This post contains my referral links. If you click on the link and sign up, I will earn credit towards Birchbox & Ipsy products.